TimeBank Media Launch Party and Potluck, Tuesday May 24th, 6:00 PM
Featuring the live music of Soul Fuego, playing soul/funk/latin jazz.
- When: Tuesday, May 24th 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Where: Community Center at 3rd and Monroe Streets, Media. PA
- What: TimeBank Media Launch Party
- How: Bring a dish to share, admission is free!
- More info on the TimeBank Media website
TimeBanking is a community-driven exchange which allows participants to exchange their time doing useful services for other’s time. So, say you’re a designer and give 4 hours of design work to the time “bank” – in exchange, you receive 4 hours of time from other professionals, so you could get 1 hour of legal work, 1 hour of accounting help, and 2 hours of other professional services.
What it does is create a local exchange for services, keeps the local economy strong, and allows businesses to find local providers for services they may not know about. In short, it creates a strong community which is sustainable!
Brendan O’Riordan, one of the Media residents behind TimeBank Media, was recently featured on Survive and Thirve on NBC: