March 7th Forum: Guns in America after Sandy Hook
The pressing topic of gun rights and gun control will be explored by expert panelists who represent a spectrum of views. Questions will be posed first by a committee of local students then by members of the audience. Participants and audience members will be expected to adhere to strict rules regarding civil discourse.
- When: Thursday, February 18th at 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Where: Media Community Center, 301 N Jackson St.
- Bryan Miller, Executive Director, Heeding God’s Call; Former Executive Director, Ceasefire New Jersey
- John Linder, Mayor Chester, PA; member, Mayors Against Illegal Guns
- David Jahn, Libertarian Party, gun rights advocate
- Tom Nelson, member, National Rifle Association (NRA), Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation.
Event is sponsored by Democracy Unplugged
Democracy Unplugged is a multi partisan organization that has sponsored political debates and forums in Delaware County, Pa for over ten years. Events usually include questions from a student panel and from the public, and have been covered by various media outlets, including The Delco Times, The Philadelphia Daily News and public access TV. A list of recent forums is available online.