3rd Street Dam Questions and Answers
The piece is somewhat long, but answers the following questions from their point of view. Interesting read, and appears to be pretty factual.
- What’s the general timeline for events surrounding Broomall’s Dam?
- Why has it taken so long?
- Why did Media Borough sue Broomall’s Lake Country Club and Delaware County in 2006?
- What’s the problem with ownership?
- Why can’t you just remove the dam and restore the stream?
- What was the Stipulation and Order?
- What were the benefits of the Stipulation and Order?
- What were the criticisms of the Stipulation and Order?
- Why did Council vote to put in a one-way road with one lane?
- What was the most recent legal action, and what effect did it have?
- Why didn’t Media Borough Council accept the negotiations of Broomall’s Lake Country Club during the Contempt of Court proceedings?
- What’s the current status?
- Is Borough Council holding up this process?
- I’ve heard that we’re going to lose this money – is that true?
- What’s the situation with the lake?
- Can we have a road with no lake?