Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant Announces 1st Bacon Madness Tourney
The Tastiest Bracket You Ever Filled Out: Iron Hill Features 10 Bacon-Centric Menus Across the Region
PRESS RELEASE – While sports fans are frantically watching March Madness, the mad beer and food geniuses at Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant (10 locations across the region) will be going a little crazy, too, with Bacon Madness.
- When: Thursday, March 20 until Sunday, March 23,
- What: Each of the award-winning brewery’s locations will prepare and serve a variety of bacon-infused appetizers, entrees and even desserts. Dishes have been created by the head chef at each location, and guests are encouraged to check the website to see the full menu.
Menu items will vary by location and may include:
- Elvis Bites, deep fried banana, bacon and peanut butter sandwiches served with warm honey (Iron Hill Chestnut Hill);
- Keystone Cannibal, baked potato stuffed with scrapple-Yukon gold hash, sharp cheddar and topped with sour cream and hot chow chow (Iron Hill Newark);
- Lobster and Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese, exotic mushrooms, leeks, fontina, gruyere and smoked paprika panko crust (Iron Hill Lancaster);
- Pork Wellington, seared pork belly baked in beer infused puff pastry with braised collard greens, caramelized spring onions and natural pan sauce (Iron Hill Voorhees);
- Sauteed Maine Lobster, creamy asparagus-pancetta risotto, oven roasted grape tomatoes and brandy lobster sauce (Iron Hill West Chester);
- Crispy Seared Pork Belly, cheddar laced grits, braised mustard greens, molasses barbecue glaze and brown sugar chile dusted potato strings (Iron Hill Wilmington);
- Creamy Bacon and Taleggio Risotto, roasted pistachio, peas and fresh herbs (Iron Hill Maple Shade);
- Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon, ancho-dusted potato tots, sautéed broccolini, Applewood smoked bacon butter and porter demi-glace (Iron Hill Phoenixville),
- Chocolate Flan, with Applewood smoked bacon and rum-soaked cherries (Iron Hill North Wales); and
- Candied Bacon Cannoli, filled with salted caramel and candied bacon ice cream (Iron Hill Media).
- For full Bacon Madness menus from all 10 Iron Hill locations, please click here.
At Iron Hill Wilmington ( 620 Justinson Street 302-472-2739):
- What: Six Degrees of Bacon, a six-course meal, including beer pairings, for $75 per person. Reservations are required, please call 302 472.2739.
- When: Wednesday, March 19 at 7 p.m.
At Iron Hill West Chester (3 West Gay Street, 610-738-9600):
- What: Beer and Bacon Brunch, four courses of bacon-inspired brunch fare, including beer pairings, for $40 per person. Reservations are required, please call 610 738.9600.
- When: Sunday, March 23 at 12 noon
“March Madness inspires fanatical devotion – and so does bacon, so we thought, ‘Why not combine them?’” says Chef Dan Bethard, Assistant Director of Culinary Operations. “With Bacon Madness, our guests get the best of both worlds: a fun atmosphere to watch all the college basketball action, while enjoying all the delicious smoky bacon goodness they can eat, with our house-brewed beers as the ultimate bonus to wash it all down.”
Founded by home brewers Mark Edelson and Kevin Finn and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE in 1996, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to ten locations across the mid-Atlantic. Each is dedicated to producing and serving top-quality hand-crafted beers and cuisine in a warm and hospitable setting, and all are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Their acclaimed beers have accumulated a wealth of awards from the nation’s top beer festivals, and their restaurants have earned more than 100 “Best of” nods from local and national publications.
For more information about Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, or to make a reservation at any of their locations, please visit www.ironhillbrewery.com, follow them on Twitter (@ironhillbrewery) and like them on Facebook.