7th Annual Media Film Festival Opens Today
PRESS RELEASE – A juried presentation of outstanding narrative, documentary and animated short local films, along with others from as far away as Singapore, Italy and the United Kingdom will be shown as part of the two-day Media Film Festival this weekend, April 4th & 5th.
Now in its 7th year, the festival has moved to the historic Media Theatre on State Street in downtown Media from the local community center.
Among local films of note:
- A Man Full of Trouble, directed by Michael Johnston, is a charming, dark comedy involving historic re-enactors, and is shot, in part, at Philadelphia’s 18th century Woodlands Mansion
- Treasure – The Story of Marcus Hook, directed by Valerio Ciriaci, is a documentary about a small Delaware County town, brought to the brink of disaster when the local oil refinery shuts down, and subsequently reborn through its pirate history.
Celebrity hosts for the Festival include:
- Sue Serio and actor Bill Vargus, husband-wife team of Fox 29’s Good Day Philadelphia and Media residents
- Charlie Maxx, also a Media resident, co-host of John & Charlie in the Morning on WJBR-FM in Wilmington, and WJBR-FM Program Director
- Ann Crumb, a respected Broadway actress now starring in the Media Theatre’s production of the musical Sunset Boulevard.
Watch clips from the 25 short films featured in the Media Film Festival trailer
Where: Media Theatre, 104 E. State St., Media, PA 19063
- Friday, April 4: 7:00pm; 10:30pm Horror Fest
- Saturday, April 5: 3:00pm Matinee; 7:00pm
The Media Film Festival is a vibrant community forum for film lovers, dedicated to providing excellent film experiences for audiences and filmmakers alike. The Media Film Festival celebrates and promotes quality independent films to build greater appreciation of artists and filmmakers within our community.
“We are excited to be offering independent filmmakers the opportunity to have their work seen on the big screen at an iconic theater,” said Ryan Coughlin, Co-President of the Media Arts Council, which produces the Festival.
About the Media Arts Council:
Media Arts Council works to further its mission to actively support local artists and integrate a wide range of arts into the life of the entire community. On the 2nd Saturday of every month over 30 businesses on & around State Street in Media stay open late for the 2nd Saturday Arts Stroll, a free arts event. From 6-9pm shops, galleries, and cafes host local musicians or display the work of local artists.
Media Arts Council, Media, PA 19063, Saturdays@mediaartscouncil.org