Media Borough Public Hearing and Legislative Meeting, October 21st at 7:15 PM
As a heads up, there will be a “public hearing” 15 minutes prior to the Borough Council meeting this Thursday at 7:15 PM. The agenda states:
AMENDMENT TO THE ZONING CODE – CREATION OF A NEW “LIGHT RETAIL-OFFICE-APARTMENT OVERLAY ZONING DISTRICT”
You can download the PDF agenda here:
Media Borough Public Hearing Agenda October 21st, 2010
(however, the PDF is not much more than the above amendment)
Afterward, the legislative meeting will take place at 7:30 PM. The agenda can be downloaded here as well:
Of interest on the agenda may be:
- A proposal to spend $30,000 outside of the road paving budget to repair the sidewalk on the north side of Jackson and State streets.
- Cocco’s Pizza: Discussion about the “License Agreement for the Placement of a Dumpster in the E. Lincoln Street Right-of-Way”
- A motion to authorize the forgiveness of a $9,365 debt from the Veterans Museum to the borough for a change order which occurred during the Trader Joe’s construction years ago.
- A motion to mutually release former tenant Dan Brodeur (a.k.a. Brodeur’s) from 1 West State Street obligations
- “Ratification of Mutual Release Agreement for the Former Tenant at 1 W. State Street”
The votes on the above issues should be interesting!