Federal Shutdown Ends: How did PA Officials Vote?
From Politics PA:
- Bob Casey voted yes, while Pat Toomey voted no. (Toomey’s reason was because he didn’t want to raise the debt limit)
The House passed the bill 285 to 144.
All Democrats voted yes, including the 5 from Pennsylvania.
Republicans opposed the bill 144 to 87, although 9 of 13 House Republicans from Pennsylvania also voted Yes.
- House Yes votes included the four eastern PA moderates, Representatives who had called for a ‘clean’ CR:
- Representative Charlie Dent
- Representative Mike Fitzpatrick
- Representative Jim Gerlach and
- Representative Pat Meehan
- Also voting yes were five Republicans who frequently vote with the conservative contingent of the GOP:
- Representative Lou Barletta
- Representative Mike Kelly
- Representative Tim Murphy
- Representative Bill Shuster and
- Representative GT Thomspon
- Four PA conservatives joined Toomey in voting against the bill:
- Representative Tom Marino
- Representative Scott Perry
- Representative Joe Pitts and
- Representative Keith Rothfus
For the entire article including quotes, visit Poltiics PA.